Skip To Content
Ask Billy Bronco!
Ask Billy Bronco!
To get started, type a question in the box below. For Example: How do I apply?

Our Best Answer - What if I am called to active duty?

Leave of Absence for Military Duty

Members of the Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserve are readmitted to the University if their separation is caused by either voluntary or involuntary service on active duty for a period of more than 30 days. If you are volunteering or are called for active duty, you should notify your Cal Poly Pomona VA Certifying Official in the Veterans Resource Center, except in cases where notice is precluded by military necessity or would compromise national security. 

After you complete your military service, you may defer notifying the campus of your intent to return for no more than three years.  If you are hospitalized or convalescing from an illness or injury during the performance of service, you are expected to notify the campus of the intent to return no later than two years after the end of recovery.

To resume your enrollment, notify the certifying official, Samuel Kim, in the Registrar’s Office or contact the Veterans Resource Center.  After you have done this, you should schedule a meeting with your advisor and establish an academic plan for your return, and courses needed to complete your degree.

For more information, go to the Veterans Resource Center webpage and click on Call to Military Service or call the Center at 909-869-6994.  Samuel Kim is located in the Veterans Resource Center (SSB, Building 121 West, 1st Floor, Office 1940) and he can be reached at 909-869-2867 or      

Related Questions:

Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.

Are you satisfied with your answer?