Top 10 Questions
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- Is there a bank on campus or in town?
- Can the application fee be waived?
- How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- I missed orientation, what do I do?
- How do I get a copy of my transcript?
- What is required for university graduation honors?
Our Best Answer - Is there an English language requirement?
English Language Admission Requirement
Cal Poly Pomona has the following English language requirements for entering students:
Entering Freshmen: You must have completed four years of English with a grade of C or better to meet the English requirement for admission. More information is available at the Freshmen Admission Requirements website.
Undergraduate Transfers: You must have completed 3 units of English Composition with a grade of C or better no later than the end of the preceding spring term if you are applying for fall quarter. If you are applying for winter quarter, you must successfully this course no later than the preceding summer term if you are applying for winter quarter and no later than the preceding fall quarter if you are applying for spring quarter. More information is available at the Transfer Admission Requirements website.
International Applicants: All applicants, regardless of citizenship, who have not completed at least three years of full-time enrollment at a secondary and/or college/university-level where English is the principal language of instruction are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. More information is available on the International Admissions page. The TOEFL code needed from ETS to send your score to Cal Poly Pomona is 4082.
- Do you have a foreign language requirement?
- What are your admission requirements?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?
- Do you require personal interviews or auditions?
- What is academic advising?