Top 10 Questions
- What is EOP?
- How do I sign up for priority registration?
- What is my Bronco ID number?
- When is the deadline to pay tuition?
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- Do you have an orientation program for parents?
- Do you have any job openings for students?
- How do I access my email?
Our Best Answer - Is there an English language requirement?
English Language Admission Requirement
Cal Poly Pomona has the following English language requirements for entering students:
Entering Freshmen: You must have completed four years of English with a grade of C or better to meet the English requirement for admission. More information is available at the Freshmen Admission Requirements website.
Undergraduate Transfers: You must have completed 3 units of English Composition with a grade of C or better no later than the end of the preceding spring term if you are applying for fall semester. If you are applying for spring semester, you must earn a grade of C or better no later than the preceding summer term. More information is available at the Transfer Admission Requirements website.
International Applicants: All applicants, regardless of citizenship, who have not completed at least three years of full-time enrollment at a secondary and/or college/university-level where English is the principal language of instruction are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
The minimum requirements for undergraduates are:
TOEFL (pBT): 525
TOEFL (iBT): 71
TOEFL (cBT): 196
Language proficiency waivers will only be offered:
For Freshmen – if the primary language of instruction in high school is English. Written proof of 3+ years of attendance is required.
For Transfers – grade of “C” or better in English Composition, Critical Thinking and Oral Communication from a U.S. institution.
More informtion is available on the International Admissions page. The TOEFL code needed from ETS to send your score to Cal Poly Pomona is 4082.
- Do you have a foreign language requirement?
- What are your admission requirements?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?
- Do you require personal interviews or auditions?
- When is summer session?