Top 10 Questions
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- Can I download Microsoft Office for free?
- How do I access my email?
- What is a Bronco Access Card?
- What is the status of my application?
- How do I correct an error on my application?
- Can I repeat a class?
- Can I ride my bike on campus?
- What is your grading policy?
Our Best Answer - What is academic probation?
Academic Probation for Undergraduates
Academic probation is an official notice to students whose academic performance falls below the minimum requirements as measured by the grade point average.
If your overall or Cal Poly Pomona GPA falls within the following ranges, you are placed on academic probation and an advising hold is placed on the your registration for the following quarter. The academic probation GPA ranges are:
Freshmen: 1.5 - 1.99 GPA;
Sophomores: 1.7 - 1.99 GPA;
Juniors: 1.9 - 1.99 GPA;
Seniors: 1.95 - 1.99 GPA.
The advising hold may be released only with the approval of your advisor after you have met for academic advisement. Academic departments may also place an advising hold on your registration if your major core GPA is below 2.0.
- What is academic standing?
- Can you send me information about your school?
- How do I find out who my advisor is?
- What is Cal Poly Pomona's mission?
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- What are your admission requirements?