Top 10 Questions
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- Is there a bank on campus or in town?
- Can the application fee be waived?
- How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- I missed orientation, what do I do?
- What is required for university graduation honors?
- What is a Bronco Access Card?
Our Best Answer - How and when was Cal Poly Pomona founded?
Cal Poly Pomona History
Cal Poly Pomona opened September 15, 1938 with an all-male enrollment of 110 students at the Voorhis Unit of California State Polytechnic College in San Luis Obispo. Julian McPhee was the first President. 329 women joined the student body in 1961.
Breakfast cereal magnate W. K. Kellogg deeded 813 acres of land located three miles south of the Voorhis campus to the State of California in 1948. In 1956, students, faculty and staff moved from San Dimas to the Kellogg campus.
The Pomona campus separated from the San Luis Obispo campus in 1966 and became California State Polytechnic College, Kellogg Campus. University status was granted in 1972.
Today, the campus covers 1,438 acres and is the second largest in area among the California State University’s 23 campuses. More than 3,000 faculty and staff support the education of 23,000 students.
- Who is W.K. Kellogg?
- How do I arrange for a campus tour?
- Can I apply online?
- What is the status of my application?
- When and where is graduation?
- How can I participate in Cal Poly Pomona's Annual Rose Float program?