Top 10 Questions
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- What is Poly Nights?
- Is there orientation for new students?
- How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?
- How do I register for orientation?
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- Is orientation mandatory?
- How long is orientation?
- Can I add guests to my orientation?
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
Our Best Answer - How safe is Cal Poly Pomona?
Our campus, though within the city limits of Pomona, is tucked away on the outskirts of town, nestled between the hills, and divided from the rest of the city by a major freeway interchange.
Cal Poly Pomona is a relatively safe campus. Most crimes on campus are property crimes, with very few crimes against persons reported annually. Many crimes may be prevented by using basic crime prevention and personal safety measures.
Although we are part of a bustling city, our campus has the feel of a little town. With stores, restaurants, housing, a hotel and conference center, recreation, an art gallery, movie theater, performing arts center, running/walking trails, a biodiversity greenhouse, a farm, farm animals, horses and equestrian center, a rose garden and so much more, our campus offers a self-sustaining and welcoming, safe atmosphere.
For more information on campus safety, visit the University Police website.
All campuses are required to post an annual safety report. Our campus report is available on the Annual Security Report web page.
- Where can I get information on campus safety?
- How safe is it to live on campus?
- Do you have an escort service?
- How do I arrange for a campus tour?
- Can I apply online?
- How will the calendar change my ability to get a summer job, internship, or research opportunity?
- How will students trying to transfer from Cal Poly Pomona be impacted?
- If I have already transferred to Cal Poly Pomona with semester credits, will I lose units in the conversion?