Top 10 Questions
- What is my Bronco ID number?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- How do I access my email?
- What is the status of my application?
- How do I sign up for priority registration?
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How do I submit my ACT or SAT score to your school?
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
Our Best Answer - What is academic advising?
Academic advising is a collaboration between a student and his/her advisor with the goal of sharing information, exploring resources, and building skills to assist the student in achieving his/her academic and career goals.
At Cal Poly Pomona, your advisor can be a faculty member from your academic department, a professional advisor, or both. Academic advising can help you select your major, plan for your career or graduate school as well as determine what courses to take to successfully meet your degree requirements. Academic advisors can keep you informed of registration and academic processes, campus programs and services, and internship and other opportunities that might benefit you.
See your academic advisor if you have questions about your academic and career goals, the requirements for your major, advising holds, or if you have concerns about your academic performance
The advising format may differ among colleges, so you should check with your academic department for more information. You can find the Advising Directory on Student Success Central. You can also find academic and advising resources on Student Success Central.
- Do you offer tutoring services?
- How do I find out who my advisor is?
- Where can I get advising?
- Who is my Transfer and Graduation Advisor (TGA)?
- When should I see my academic advisor?
- Why do I have an advising hold?