Top 10 Questions
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- Is there a bank on campus or in town?
- Can the application fee be waived?
- How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- I missed orientation, what do I do?
- How do I get a copy of my transcript?
- What is required for university graduation honors?
Our Best Answer - How long is each term?
Length of Terms
Cal Poly Pomona is currently on the quarter system which is different than a school on semesters. There are three terms in the academic year for a quarter campus (fall, winter and spring) instead of the two terms for a semester school (fall and spring). Quarter terms are 10 weeks in length with one week for finals. Semester terms are 15 weeks in length with one week for finals. Because you have five fewer weeks in the term, it is important for you to stay on top of your course work beginning with your first day.
The university is converting to the semester system in fall 2018. For more information, visit the Semester Conversion website.
Please review our Academic Calendar for more details.
- What is the difference between the quarter system and the semester system?
- When do classes begin and end?
- What will be the minimum unit enrollment to be eligible to work on campus in semesters?
- How will semester conversion affect summer 2018 course offerings?
- How do I know if my admission application is complete?