Our Best Answer - Is there orientation for new students?
New Student Orientation
Cal Poly Pomona's Orientation Services offers a mandatory student orientation program for entering freshmen and transfers. New students learn what it takes to be a successful student, explore opportunities to engage with peers, and get involved on campus, and learn about our many campus services and programs.
New Freshmen: The Freshmen program is two days and one night, including advising and registration. Lodging is provided in our resident halls for freshmen, during which they have additional opportunities to experience the different opportunities offered on campus.
New Transfers: The Transfer Program is a one day program that includes advising and registration.
Parents & Family: Parents and family members are encouraged to attend our one-day Parent, Family & Guest Orientation which occurs on the first day of Freshman Orientation, and on the same day as the one-day Transfer Orientation.
Military & Veterans: Cal Poly Pomona offers Military & Veterans orientation. If you are actively serving, or have served, please visit our web page for more information.
International Students: Cal Poly Pomona offers International Student orientation programs. If you are an international student, please visit our web page for more information.
You may register online for your orientation program through BroncoDirect at the same time that you pay your Enrollment Conformation Deposit. Register early so that you have the best choices of the orientation dates that best meets your needs and get the best choice of classes for your first term.
Should you need to change the date of your orientation, there is a $15 charge. If you would like to reschedule or change your orientation date please contact Orientation Services at email@example.com or 909-869-3604.
For more information about any of our Orientation programs, go to our Orientation Services website.
- Do you offer disability accommodations during orientation?
- Can I add guests to my orientation?
- How do I register for orientation?
- Do you have orientation in other languages?
- Is orientation mandatory?
- Do I have to stay for the entire orientation?
- How long is orientation?
- Do you have an orientation program for parents?
- Can the orientation fee be postponed or deferred?
- Is there an International Student Orientation?
- Where will orientation check-in take place?
- Do I need a car if I live on campus?
- Are new students guaranteed housing?
- What clubs and organizations do you have?
Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.
Top 10 Questions
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- When will I get my GWT score?
- How do I get an unofficial transcript?
- How do I access my email?
- What is my Bronco ID number?
- Do you require letters of recommendation?
- How do I change or reset my BroncoPassword?
- How do I withdraw from the school?
- What is EOP?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?