Top 10 Questions
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I access my email?
- Can I download Microsoft Office for free?
- What is a Bronco Access Card?
- How do I correct an error on my application?
- What is the status of my application?
- Can I repeat a class?
- Can I ride my bike on campus?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
Our Best Answer - Is there an English language requirement?
English Language Admission Requirement
Cal Poly Pomona has the following English language requirements for entering students:
Entering Freshmen: You must have completed four years of English with a grade of C or better to meet the English requirement for admission. More information is available at the Freshmen Admission Requirements website.
Undergraduate Transfers: You must have completed 3 units of English Composition with a grade of C or better no later than the end of the preceding spring term if you are applying for fall quarter. If you are applying for winter quarter, you must successfully this course no later than the preceding summer term if you are applying for winter quarter and no later than the preceding fall quarter if you are applying for spring quarter. More information is available at the Transfer Admission Requirements website.
International Applicants: All applicants, regardless of citizenship, who have not completed at least three years of full-time enrollment at a secondary and/or college/university-level where English is the principal language of instruction are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. More information is available on the International Admissions page. The TOEFL code needed from ETS to send your score to Cal Poly Pomona is 4082.
- Do you have a foreign language requirement?
- What are your admission requirements?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?
- Do you require personal interviews or auditions?
- What is academic advising?