Top 10 Questions
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- Can I download Microsoft Office for free?
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- How do I get a parking permit?
- What is my Bronco ID number?
- When will I see my enrollment appointment?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- Does Cal Poly Pomona have a religious affiliation?
- How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?
Our Best Answer - What high school courses are required?
Required High School Courses
If you are applying as a freshman, you are required to complete the following courses:
- 2 years of History and Social Science (including 1 year of U.S. history or 1 semester of U.S. history and 1 semester of civics or American government AND 1 year of social science)
- 4 years of English (4 years of college preparatory English composition and literature)
- 3 years of Math (4 years recommended) including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, or higher mathematics
- 2 years of Laboratory Science (including 1 biological science and 1 physical science)
- 2 years of Language Other than English years of the same language; American Sign Language is applicable
- 1 year of Visual and Performing Arts (dance, drama or theater, music, or visual art)
- 1 year of College Preparatory Elective (additional year chosen from the University of California "A-G" list)
In addition, your qualification for admission is based on a combination of your grade and your scores on either the ACT or the SAT. Students in the top third of their high school class have excellent potential to succeed at our university.
For more information, go to our Admissions & Enrollment Planning website.
- How do I apply as a freshman student?
- When is the application deadline?
- Do you have a required high school GPA?
- What is the Early Assessment Program?
- How will I know what classes to take?
- How do I know which courses to take for my major?
- What are the requirements / classes for my major?