Skip To Content
Ask Billy Bronco!
Ask Billy Bronco!
To get started, type a question in the box below. For Example: How do I apply?

Our Best Answer - Do you offer health insurance?

Health Insurance

You do not need to have outside insurance to use Student Health Services (SHCS). However, supplemental health insurance is needed for those times when SHS is closed.

If you are a U.S. citizen, your prepaid student health fee covers most services. However, in the event you need hospital care or need to be referred to a specialist, you will be responsible for the cost of that outside care. Many options are available to you including those under the Affordable Care Act. For more information, go to the SHS Health Insurance website.

If you are an international student, you are required to purchase a health insurance plan that is selected for Cal Poly Pomona. For more information, contact the International Center.

Related Questions:

Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.

Are you satisfied with your answer?