Skip To Content
Ask Billy Bronco!
Ask Billy Bronco!
To get started, type a question in the box below. For Example: How do I apply?

Our Best Answer - What is grade forgiveness?

Grade Forgiveness

If you are repeating an undergraduate course in which you received a C-, D+, D, D-, F, WU or IC, you may request grade forgiveness up to a maximum of 16 semester units.

When a grade is forgiven due to course repetition, the grade and units for the excluded course work will not be used in the calculation of your grade point average and the units will not be used to satisfy requirements toward graduation.  The excluded course work will remain on your permanent record but will be annotated as excluded from your grade point average through grade forgiveness.

Grade forgiveness is not automatic, and you can request grade forgiveness by submitting the required Grade Forgivness through Course Repetition form to the Registrar's Office. For instructions and additional information, go to the Course Repetition webpage.


Related Questions:

Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.

Are you satisfied with your answer?