Ask Billy Bronco!
To get started, type a question in the box below. For Example: How do I apply?
Our Best Answer - As a dependent of a Veteran, how can I be eligible for a waiver for non-resident fees?
Waiver of Non-Resident Fees for Dependents
A waiver of non-resident fees may apply to you if you meet any one of the following criteria:
- An individual using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits who lives in the state in which the institution of higher learning is located (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and enrolls in the school within 3 years of the transferor’s discharge from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone described above while he/she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school. This person must have enrolled in the school prior to the expiration of the three year period following discharge or release as described above and must be using educational benefits either Post-9/11 GI Bill® or Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty.
- Anyone using transferred Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits who lives in the state where the higher education institution is located and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship who lives in the state where the higher education institution is located (regardless of his/her formal state of residence).
More information is available at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- What is a Cal Vet Fee Waiver?
- Do dependents get priority registration?
- As a Veteran, how can I apply to Cal Poly Pomona?
- How much are tuition and fees?
- What are the fees at the school?
Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.
Top 10 Questions
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
- How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- What is BroncoDirect?
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- What is the status of my application?
- What is your school mascot?
- How will the calendar change my ability to get a summer job, internship, or research opportunity?
- How do I get into my residence hall or suite?