Skip To Content
Ask Billy Bronco!
Ask Billy Bronco!
To get started, type a question in the box below. For Example: How do I apply?

Our Best Answer - Are new students required to live in residence halls?

First Year Student Residential Requirement

All first-time freshmen who graduated from a high school outside the local service area are required to complete a housing UHS Housing Application and pay the initial $450 housing fee. If your school district is not listed on the webpage linked above, the residential requirement applies to you. First-time freshmen can live in the Residential Halls or Suites

Transfer students are not required to live on-campus, but can take advantage of living in the Residential Suites, The Center for Regenerative Studies or at the University Village

If you have circumstances that make living on campus difficult and you are not within the local service area you may request an exemption from the residential requirement after you submit your application and initial payment. The exemption form is available in your University Housing Portal. The list of local school districts is located here

Related Questions:

Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.

Are you satisfied with your answer?