Our Best Answer - What is EOP?
Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
Cal Poly Pomona's Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) continues to operate today as the University's first and most comprehensive post- secondary access and equity program. Established in 1969, the program serves low-income, first generation, students who demonstrate the motivation and potential to succeed in college
EOP provides the students they serve with a broad range of support services throughout their undergraduate enrollment, as long as they maintain full-time status, satisfactory academic progress and fulfill program requirements. These services include transition programs, comprehensive academic advising, tutoring, financial literacy and student success seminars and community building activities. EOP students may also qualify an EOP Grant to assist in paying for their college education.
To qualify for admission to EOP, you must:
- Be a first-time applicant to the CSU System*
- Enroll as an undergraduate student
- Meet specific family income guidelines
- Demonstrate potential for academic success and be motivated to achieve your educational goals
- Be a California resident or an AB540 non-resident tuition exemption student
- Enroll as a full-time student (at least 12 units per semester)
EOP students transferring from another CSU are eligible upon verification of EOP status at the previous CSU.
More information about the program and how to apply is available at the EOP website.
- What is the Early Start Program?
- How do I apply for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)?
- What is Science Educational Enhancement Services (SEES)?
- What is the Student Support and Equity Program (SSEP)?
- What are the hours of operation on campus?
- What is PolyCARES?
- What is BroncoFusion?
- What is Associate Degree for Transfer?
- What is CSU Fully Online?
Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.
Top 10 Questions
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- Can I download Microsoft Office for free?
- What is my Bronco ID number?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- What if I don't get my Financial Aid by the deadline?
- How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
- How do I register for classes?
- How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?
- What if I have not been awarded financial aid before fees are due?