Our Best Answer - What are some campus traditions?
Cal Poly Pomona has a rich heritage and celebrates our campus community. What is now the green wooded expanse of the university was originally the winter ranch home of W.K. Kellogg, of breakfast cereal fame. Cal Poly Pomona has carefully preserved many features of Kellogg's hilltop Arabian horse ranch, including his mansion, rose gardens, avocado groves, stables and, of course, the award-winning Kellogg Arabian horses, featured in horse shows on campus.
Our academic year begins with Fall Convocation and BroncoFusion, welcoming new students to the campus. Events include Bronco Family Day, Pizza with the Presidents, Finals Week Midnight Madness, Cultural Month Celebrations, Hot Dog Caper, painting the CPP Letters on the hill, Greek Week, Cultural Graduations, the Unity Lunch, Veterans Recognition Events and more.
Our campus hosts several events that are open to the local community, including Cal Poly Pomona Day at the Fair, the Pumpkin Festival and the Pomona Beautification Day.
The Cal Poly Rose Float annually participates in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade.
- What are some things to do around the town?
- Can I apply online?
- What are some of your campus landmarks?
- Will I still be eligible for the CPP Pledge or California Promise graduation pledge programs if I am transitioning to semesters?
- Who is my Transfer and Graduation Advisor (TGA)?
Didn't find your answer? Try searching our site or send us a message.
Top 10 Questions
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- What is my Bronco ID number?
- Can I download Microsoft Office for free?
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- How do I access my email?
- When can I accept my loan?
- How do I change or reset my BroncoPassword?
- What is a Bronco Access Card?
- Where are the computer labs?
- Where can I get a bus pass?