Top 10 Questions
- Where do I send my transcripts?
- How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- How do I submit my high school transcript?
- How do I access my email?
- How do I contact the Admissions Office?
- How do I get a copy of my transcript?
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- I missed orientation, what do I do?
- What is the status of my application?
Our Best Answer - What is an academic credit?
An academic credit or unit is a measure of the amount of instruction offered for a specific course. For each credit, you will have one hour of instruction each week and should spend two hours per week doing homework, research, projects, and studying for that course.
A four-credit course will involve four hours of instruction each week and you are expected to spend an additional eight hours per week on homework and studying.
The number of credits/units for specific courses is available in the Schedule of Classes or on your Curriculum Sheet for your major.
At Cal Poly Pomona, an undergraduate student is considered full-time if he/she is registered for 12 units/credits that quarter.
- What is a curriculum sheet?
- Will I get a refund if I drop or withdraw from a class?
- How are my transfer credits evaluated?
- How do I get my international transcript evaluated?
- What is CourseMatch?
- What is my class level?